[rt-users] Adding comments to a ticket via the API, scrips don't activate?

Stewart Tranter S.G.Tranter at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 24 10:35:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

As part of an escalation script, I need to add a comment to the
escalated ticket and then CC this comment to another user.  I have
created the following code:

my $commentmail = "ESCALATION TEXT";

my $emailcontent = MIME::Entity->build(
	From    => 'RT Final Escalation <root at hostname.com>',
	Subject => "Case $tid has escalated.",
	Data    => \$commentmail);

my %comment_data = (
			TimeTaken => "0",
			CCMessageTo => $queueadmin,
			MIMEObj => $emailcontent);

$ticket->Comment(%comment_data);

This successfully adds a comment, but does not send any e-mails out.
There are OnComment scrips to send out a notification e-mail with the
standard comment template to the owner and to "Other Recipients".  Do I
need code to trigger the scrips?  Or have I made a mistake with the
above code?

Stewart
Stewart Tranter
Computing Services