[rt-users] regular user - updating user profile info - possibly with custom scrip

tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Thu May 25 14:28:40 EDT 2006

   Here is the scenario:

   Upon user/ticket creation I have RT set up to grab user info from a LDAP
   server and place that info into the RT users' profile.

   We have a small number of users each month who change departments, phone
   numbers etc.

   I need to be able to allow any privileged user to re-run a LDAP lookup for
   any requestor of a ticket (privileged or non-privileged).

   However I do not want to give all privileged users access to the Admin /
   user configuration section.

   I have placed a button on the Requestor section of the main Ticket page
   that when pressed will need to

   Fire off a script that will update that particular requestor profile data
   from a LDAP lookup.  Does anyone

   Have any experience with setting up a custom scrip such as this?  Any
   ideas on how to go about it?

   It would be cool to be able to make a custom scrip with a "User Defined
   Condition" that when a button on the

   Ticket page is pushed it would do a LDAP lookup for that tickets
   requestor.  I am sure this is possible, just

   Not sure right now how to write the hook into the screen when the button
   is pushed to call this custom scrip.

   Does anyone have any ideas or maybe even tried something along the lines
   of this before?

   I Probably will have to do some sort of javascript or something to fire
   off when the button is pressed.

   Any tips/ideas/thoughts would be great!

   Thanks,

   T.J. Maciak