[rt-users] Autoreply Filters?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue May 30 14:10:32 EDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

> Over the weekend we received spam from some domain, after the
> autoreply was sent to them, we received 3000+ e-mails from the domain

RT seriously needs an autoreply squelcher built in and operational
out of the box.  It should not send an autoresponse to any given
address more than X times per Y time across all of the queues.  I'd
set it as low as 3 times per hour.  If a customer is making that many
tickets, then too bad :-)

We've had autoresponder fights before and it ain't pretty.  Once it
was between our RT and the remote site's RT.  It was almost funny.