[rt-users] custom fields w. Mailgate in RT 3.6.0rc2

Joe Auty jauty at indiana.edu
Wed May 31 21:27:59 EDT 2006

I'll take a look at the Perl module, but I also want to make sure I'm
seeing the Wiki entry you are thinking of...

Is this it?

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UseRtTool

This page says

> It can both query and update the RT database. bin/rt has its
> limitations; it cannot deal with custom fields yet (as of January,
> 2006).
> - As far as I know, bin/rt can't handle custom fields, which limits
> its usefulness.
> - With the command line tool for RT-3.4, you can handle custom fields:

This seems a little contradictory... I also have an email from Jesse
Vincent that says the following:

>> Is it possible to insert/create/modify custom fields via the
>> command line
>> interface.
>>

> Yes, as of RT 3.6preX.

Anyone care to clarify what the status is here, and what I need to
look into? I'm running the 3.6 rc, working off of the information
Jesse provided to the list.