[rt-users] custom fields w. Mailgate in RT 3.6.0rc2

Joshua Colson jcolson at voidgate.org
Wed May 31 23:32:14 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 21:27 -0400, Joe Auty wrote:

> I'll take a look at the Perl module, but I also want to make sure I'm
> seeing the Wiki entry you are thinking of...
>
> Is this it?
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UseRtTool

No. Although that may be another way to accomplish what you want. I was
thinking more like this one:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SetTicketPropertiesViaMail

> Anyone care to clarify what the status is here, and what I need to
> look into? I'm running the 3.6 rc, working off of the information
> Jesse provided to the list.

I'm currently using RT 3.6 command line tool to set/update custom
fields. Something like this works:

rt create -t ticket set queue='QueueName' set status='open' set \
  requestor=$USER set owner=$USER add \
  CF-CustomFieldName='CustomFieldValue'

My recommendation (without any real basis) is that you should lean
toward using Jesse's extension as it is the most likely to be *The Right
Way* in the future.

HTH

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at voidgate.org>