[rt-users] RT "pre-sales" question

Rob Walker rob at ladle.net
Wed Nov 1 13:26:33 EST 2006

I am trying to help some co workers with evaluating RT for
implementation. They want the same package for tech support,
development (displacing bugzilla), and IT helpdesk.

I was showing one decision maker a fresh install of 3.4, as well as an
in-use copy of 3.6, and there was a requirement that I couldn't "click
my mouse three times" and make happen.

The quick version is 'create "depends on" tickets without re-entering
data'. The long version is as follows:

1.  Ticket comes into tech support queue.
2.  CustEng finds out the problem is because of a bug.
3.  CustEng clicks on magic button.
4.  Data from currently opened ticket in CustSupport queue is brought
    forward into a new ticket in the SwEng queue, which the CustEng
    reviews and then submits.  Of course, the CustSupport ticket
    "depends on" the SwEng ticket automagically.

Thanks,
Rob