[rt-users] Re: Search using google mini

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:19:41 EST 2006

On 10/31/06, Michael Liebman <michael.liebman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/31/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/30/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Looking for a suggestion/hack on how to setup the apache part of RT to
> > > allow google mini or any other web crawler to search RT tickets. I am
> > > using mysql 4.0.24.
> >
> > I think all I have to do is giving the web crawler the username and
> > password to access the RT  web gui. How do I craft that syntax? In
> > otherwords I need to figure out how can I access the RT using wget or
> > curl and use the similar syntax for webcrawler.
>
> http://rt3.fsck.com/?user=guest&pass=guest as an example.

That did help to crawl only couple dirs but did not go deep. I guess I
need to find a way generate a flat dir and file list using may be PHP
or some other tool that can be accessed thru web. Then have the
crawler just go at it. Any suggestions?!

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu