[rt-users] RT cannot open database

Stephen Carr sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 02:35:09 EST 2006

Dear Andrej

The data seems to be installed in ibdata1 in the /var/lib/mysql - I
installed rt at the beginning of the year and if I remember correctly I
could not use MySQL as it was not version 5.x

I notice the session.MYD and session.MYI in the rt3 directory are active
  ie recent time stamps.

Could the problem be related to session files as I am seeing this in the
apache error_log

[Mon Nov  6 13:10:38 2006] [error] Can't locate object method
"TIESCALAR" via package "DBI::st" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i486-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 1178.\n
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 105.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 465.

This is with latest DBI-1.53 I may an older version.

Thanks
Stephen Carr

--
Stephen Carr
Computing Officer
Email sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and
contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure
or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made
that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus
scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.