[rt-users] Re: Add a Cc via email to a ticket after the ticket has been created

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 6 08:10:59 EST 2006

Hi,

I put my patch on the RT Wiki here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ParseFollowupMessageForTicketCcs

Which also includes a newer version that solves a few more minor
problems that we were having.  It checks that the email address is not
already a watcher for the ticket or queue before it is added as a Cc
watcher, and it will add the sender of the email if appropriate (just in
case someone received a private copy of the ticket from a current
watcher and decided to post a followup message to RT).  We are still
using version 3.4.5 in production so the patch is against that version
of RT.

I assume that the RT Wiki is the best place for this sort of thing since
it will allow other interested users to find and try it, and if it
becomes popular and well tested then it might eventually go into a
future version.

~Jason