[rt-users] Mysql problem accessing RT database

Stephen Carr sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 21:16:02 EST 2006

Dear All

I earlier reported a problem - see error below - accessing the RT Innob
database. The problem occurs when I attempt to reply to a ticket.  I have
since discovered - after making a backup - that I have no problem with
some tickets and with others if I click on the reload current page option
in the browser I can update eg reply or merge tickets.

I suspect that there is a MySQL problem as the server is also used by
DSPAM  for email spam filtering.

Any ideas as to what tweaks to apply to MySQL - the sever is not loaded
the average load is 0.1 to 0.5.

Thanks
Stephen Carr

error:           Transactions not supported by database at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i486-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm line 1657.
context:
1653:          sub begin_work {
1654:          my $dbh = shift;
1655:          return $dbh->set_err(1, "Already in a transaction")
1656:          unless $dbh->FETCH('AutoCommit');
1657:          $dbh->STORE('AutoCommit', 0); # will croak if driver doesn't
support it
1658:          $dbh->STORE('BegunWork', 1); # trigger post commit/rollback
action
1659:          return 1;
1660:          }
1661:
code stack:
        /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i486-linux-thread-multi/DBI.pm:1657
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm:720
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:3044
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:3111
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html:128
/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:279

--
Stephen Carr
Computing Officer
Email sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.