[rt-users] Please help: RT3.4.4 running really slow

don garbage dongarbage at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:09:23 EST 2006

I'm still having the problem and getting desparate.

I determined that I did not have fastcgi enabled. So, I did the following:

    sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-fastcgi
    sudo apt-get install libcgi-fast-perl
    sudo a2enmod fastcgi
    sudo ln -s /etc/request-tracker3.4/apache-fastcgi.conf
/etc/apache2/conf.d/
    edit /etc/request-tracker3.4/apache-fastcgi.conf:
        #FastCgiIpcDir /var/run/fastcgi
        RedirectMatch ^/rt$ /rt/
    sudo chown www-data: /etc/request-tracker3.4/RT_SiteConfig.pm

this has enabled fastcgi. I also restarted apache2 and postgres.
But, I still have the same problem. For more than half of the tickets that
remote users try to access, the page stalls half way through loading. I
notice that when I access RT from localhost, its very fast and pages never
stall.

Any help is so very appreciated,
Don