[rt-users] importing users question...

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 15 11:03:41 EST 2006

Hello Mat,

Could you explain a bit more about what you actually want to do? It sounds
like you just want a script that will create users based on some external
information, but I'm not sure why you are wondering about updating the
Groups table. What code from the wiki are you referring to?

One piece of advice - don't try to figure out what database tables RT
updates and reverse-engineer that. The API exists so that you don't need to
do that and so that you can create all the right records without hosing your
database.

We have a script that loads and updates user info every night from an
external source, so if that's what you are after, it's definitely doable.

Good luck,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)