[rt-users] Log Out Function

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 16 13:20:36 EST 2006

On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:43 AM, John Arends wrote:

> I'm also running 3.6.1, and just to test my sanity, I turned off
> external authentication, and the logout link came back. I then
> turned external auth back on, and it went away.
>
> This issue is there whether I use the 3.4 or 3.5 stylesheet.
>
> The other thing of note is that when I have external auth enabled,
> the ability to give a new user a password is also gone. The fields
> just don't show up.
>
> Are both of these a feature? Or a bug?

They're intentional. Part of the problem is that with external
authentication, we're relying on Apache to do your authentication for
you. Which means that we don't really have any way to actually log
the user out ourselves. And well, yeah, if you're using external
auth, you're not using RT's passwords