[rt-users] (Mason related question) <%filter> section in the top level autohandler does not work as expected.

Emanuele Zeppieri ema_zep at libero.it
Sat Nov 18 00:31:41 EST 2006

Hi!

This is probably a Mason question, not an RT question, but since I'm
completely new to both Mason and RT, and this problem happened to me for
the first time just tonight, right after my very first RT installation
and subsequent Mason experiments, you can probably easily reproduce the
problem or point me to the right direction (that is, let me abuse of
your competence about Mason, and your kindness).

I placed a <%filter> block in the topmost RT autohandler component
(/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler in my layout) and I expected to be able
to filter any HTML code generated by RT, instead the
<%filter> block got almost completely bypassed, that is, upon the
(unique) filter activation $_ contained only the few last HTML lines of
the generated page (thus even $_ = '' inside the <%filter> section did
basically not alter the page).

After a lot of digging in the Mason docs, I've tried removing some of
the various $m->flush_buffer scattered over the others RT's Mason
components, and this seemed to alleviate (if not solve) the problem, in
the sense that this way I could get much more HTML code in $_ inside the
filter.
In other words it seems that $m->flush_buffer bypasses the <%filter>
block in a higher level component, which is different from what the
Mason docs state, if I understood them.

Also consider that my local directory is empty.

I've also searched through the Mason bug-reports, and this one, in a
sense, seems to be the opposite of an old Mason bug (now fixed), which
caused $m->flush_buffer to be a no-op in presence of a
<%filter> block...

Could you please check this problem, or tell me if I'm making some
stupid mistake?

(I'm just curious about the way Mason works, and I have no intention to
customize RT this way ;-)

My setup is:

RT          3.6.2 RC1 (fresh installation, no customizations)
HTML::Mason 1.35
perl        5.8.8
Apache      2.2.3
mod_perl    2.0.2