[rt-users] RTFM articles content migration

Luis Moreno luis at cantv.net
Mon Nov 20 09:04:05 EST 2006

Hi Craig, and rt-users

I follow your suggestion and it works, the migration script
(migrate-2.0-to-2.1) needs the previous version of RTFM installed. For
future reference, here is a summary of the migration steps.

These steps have been tested in a linux 2.6.11-1.1369 box (Fedora Core 4
dist) with Apache/2.0.54, RT 3.4.5, and upgrading RTFM-2.0.4 to RTFM-2.1.40.
Database: PostgreSQL (8.0.7)

. Assuming RTFM 2.0.4 is installed here:/opt/rt3

. In the directory of the RTFM-2.1.40 sources, execute the following
commands:

# perl Makefile.PL
It will ask you path for RT.pm (in our case is /usr/lib/rt/)

. Run the migration script, and redirect the output to a file (just to check
for errors later)
#  perl -I/opt/rt3/lib/ -I/usr/lib/rt/ ./sbin/migrate-2.0-to-2.1 |tee
migrate.out  2>&1

. Install the new RTFM
# make install

. Upgrade the schema
# for j in `ls etc/upgrade/`; do  for i in schema acl insert; do
/usr/sbin/rt-setup-database  -dba <your_rtdbuser> --dba-password
<your_rtdbuser_password> --action $i  --datadir etc/upgrade/$j; done; done

. Restart the httpd server
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart

. Assign the customfields to the classes>
Login the RT web interface->
Config->RTFM->Custom Fields-><CUSTOM FIELD NAME>->Apply-> Select the classes
the customfield will apply to (the common is to select all) and then click
Send

Thanks Craig and Jesse for your help.

-luis