[rt-users] rt: resvice unavailable

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 27 15:18:18 EST 2006

>> I am playing with RT command line inteface. I try to create and edit
>> tickets in command line mode. Unfourtunately every time I try to do
>> something I get an error:
>>
>> [rt at rt ~]$ rt comment -m 'response to ticket' 1136
>> Password:
>> rt: Server error: Service Unavailable (503)
>>
>> Our RT installation works perfectly fine, both web and e-mail. This must be
>> some very trivial problem which prevents us from using command line mode.
>>
>> Any hints?
>>

> This suggests that the RT server URL you specified is perhaps not right and
> that the CLI can't get there. set the environment variable RTDEBUG=3 and see
> what turns up.
>
> -jesse

Thanks a lot. It works now.

Now I have a related question, I posted it already but got no responses.

How do I post correspondence to ticket from command line mode?

Suppose I have a file ticket.txt which contains the text I want to post.
How can I post a reply using the content of ticket.txt?

I am aware about the options

rt -correspond -m 'my response' <ticket id>
and
rt -correspond -a ticket.txt <ticket id>

but they do not do what I want: -m option allows me to add only one line
text while -a appends a file to ticket instead of posting content of
ticket.txt as response.

In intercatcive mode the rt -correspond command opens editor and lets me
type the ticket, but again I want the command to pick the content of
ticket from a file.

any hints?

Tom Wlodek