[rt-users] upgrading from RT 2 to RT 3.4.5

Robert Grasso Robert.Grasso at cedrat.com
Tue Nov 28 04:46:05 EST 2006

Hello,

I am going to switch to RT 3.4.5 on CentOS 4.4, I tuned every detail. I trained with rt2-to-rt3,
followed by using /etc/rt/upgrade, and discovered the incremental mode : I wish I would use it, as
the database is our support database, it's 5 GB large, it will take a while to build the definitive
RT 3.4.5, and I don't want to stop our support database for too long.

BUT : say I import the large DB once and build everything (RTFM fields, custom fields ...); when I
am finished, some tickets entered RT 2 : can I use the incremental mode, as I need to run the
upgrade process using the directory /etc/rt/upgrade, on top of rt2-to-rt3 ? Or will I scramble the
database if I go this way ?

Regards

---
Robert GRASSO
System Engineer

CEDRAT
15, Chemin de Malacher - Inovallée - 38246 MEYLAN Cedex - FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 Fax: +33 (0)4 76 90 16 09
mailto:Robert.Grasso at cedrat.com
---
Support service       : mailto:support at cedrat.com
Commercial service : mailto:cedrat at cedrat.com