[rt-users] Mail not working

John Arends jarends at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 28 10:44:28 EST 2006

Thank you Jon and Jason,

It turns out that my external authentication is actually what is
stopping this from working. /rt is protected, and as long as
authentication is on, sending mail does not work.

This actually has nothing to do with the fact that I moved the
installation from the doc root to /. This is still a development system
so I got a bit ahead of myself.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get around this? It looks like
rt-mailgate needs to talk to RT, but how can I do that if I have our
custom external authentication system wrapped around RT?

My apache config follows:

    <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
       Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
       AllowOverride All
     </Directory>
<Location /rt >
       AuthName "**our custom auth **"
       AuthType Basic
       Require valid-user
</Location>
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
     AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
     ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

Is there another way I could have done this?