[rt-users] How to chenge subject of incoming ticket?

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Tue Nov 28 10:58:11 EST 2006

Hi experts,

Here is the problem:

When a ticket arrives by e-mail we analyze its contents and based on
appearance of certain words in the ticket we would like to change the
ticket subject to force the incoming ticket to be appended to an existing
ticket.

Example: a ticket comes and our mail filter decides that this ticket
should be posted as followup to ticket 3141596. Se we would like to change
the subject to "[rt.somewhere.com #3141596]" and then feed it to
rt-mailgate.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this? How to force rt-mailgate to
treat incoming mail as correspondence to some existing ticket, even if the
incoming ticket seems to be a new one?

Tom Wlodek