[rt-users] Multiple Authentication Schemes

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 29 10:55:04 EST 2006

Hello Tom,

Each of our users has only a single identity (i.e. a single RT account).
Whether they log in using certificates or username/password, they are
logging in as the same RT user.

The certificates have an 'email address' embedded, which in our case maps to
the RT user name. We override RT::Interface::Web::CanonicalizeInfo to
extract the user name from the certificate's email address info.

Steve