[rt-users] Installing RT-3.6.1

Jon Daley bestpractical at jon.limedaley.com
Sun Oct 1 21:43:25 EDT 2006

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Carlos Ramon Lopez Midence wrote:
> I have been trying to install Request Tracker for the past three days with no
> luck, I have a Fedora Core 5 Box, so I decided to go with the version 3.4.5
> that is included within the software from FC5, everything seems to work fine
> during the installation process, except that when I configured
> RT_SiteConfig.pm it seems like it is not taking my domain name on the
> $WebBaseURL since when I open my browser I cannot get to this page it say
> Firefox cannot display this page, but when I point my browser to
> HTTP://localhost/rt3 it does display the login page...

 	You need to configure your apache virtual host entry to accept
mail at whatever domain name you have configured.  The SiteConfig
modifications change what URLs are generated by RT, not what URLs are
accepted by RT.
 	For help on this configuration, you should read up on apache
stuff, your RT part is probably working fine.