[rt-users] Notify Requestor on Requestor change

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 07:18:23 EDT 2006

Hi Helmuth

>   In our environment it is common for us to forward an e-mail to RT to
> convert it into a ticket.  Once it's a ticket we can change the
> requestor (since by default it would be us).  We do it like this to
> avoid the cut and paste alternative.

Depending on what email client you're using, you may be able to 'bounce'
or 'redirect' email so that "the right thing (TM)" happens when RT gets
the email in the first place - original sender is set as requestor and
they get the autoresponse.

I'm using Mail Redirect (http://mailredirect.mozdev.org/) with
Thunderbird, and it's fine.

Cheers