[rt-users] Pre-populating TextArea in a new ticket

John Colbert jcolbert at athenahealth.com
Wed Oct 4 10:30:09 EDT 2006

Hello...  I've searched through various archives and online resources,
and either I'm missing it or just can't seem to find an answer to what i
would expect to be a simple problem to solve.

I have a queue that I use for tickets relating to building out new
computer systems.  I would like to have new tickets that are created in
this queue pop up with the text area of the ticket preformatted with
text.  Something along the lines of:

SYSTEM NAME: _____
SERIAL NUMBER:_____
LOCATION: _____
etc...

The person opening the ticket can then just fill in the blanks in the
ticket.  I suspect that I could to do this with custom fields, but I'm
not sure how to limit things so that the custom fields would only come
up in tickets opened for this particular queue and not all new tickets
in all queues.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks!

Spud