[rt-users] MySQL Query from PHP

Patrick Humpal phumpal at execinc.com
Thu Oct 12 13:53:06 EDT 2006

hey,

Thanks for the direction. I had been trying to do joins off the wrong
table and did not include Transactions in my statement.

As an FYI, the query was something like this:

$query = "SELECT t.id, t.type, t.OldValue, t.NewValue, u.Name,
t.Created, a.Content FROM Transactions t JOIN Users u on u.id =
t.Creator JOIN Attachments a on a.TransactionId = t.id WHERE t.ObjectId
= '$ticketId'"

Now I have a fully functional PHP interface for people to view the
status of tickets without having to log into RT itself. Users can select
between Queues and see the progress.

All that's left is to hack together a RegEx to parse Attachments.Content
to the correct format and I'm golden.

Again, thanks for everyone's time and comments. Its much appreciated.

pat