[rt-users] Performance on PostgreSQL

Kevin White kwhite at telsource.com
Fri Oct 13 00:22:36 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 11:51:52PM -0400, Kevin White wrote:
>> The production server is running Centos 4 (RHEL 4) on a machine that
>> really doesn't have enough RAM (1GB) and only has IDE disks, running as
>> a software RAID1.  It IS an Opteron, and it is running 64-bit.  rt 3.4.1
>> and postgresql 8.0.3.
>

> Strongly recommend:
> 	* newer RT
> 	* newer Pg (8.x before 8.1.4 had some specialness)
> 	* vacuum analyzing your postgres instance.

Thanks Jesse...when you say newer RT, do you mean newer than 3.4.5?

My test box has Pg 8.1.4, and my next step will be attempting to take
that to RT 3.4.5, then 3.6.1 (.2 by then, probably).  I have some small
customizations I need to carry forward.

I do vacuum analyze, 3 times a day actually, so I do that.  :)

Thanks for the advice.  If I find anything else, I'll post (and
contribute to the Wiki).

Kevin