[rt-users] Performance on PostgreSQL

Kevin White kwhite at telsource.com
Fri Oct 13 02:15:01 EDT 2006

> I recall that we made a major pg-related fix around 3.4.2 or so. If you
> suspect it's postgres-side stuff that's slowing you down, turning on the
> query log and seeing if you can reindex a bit is worthwhile.

I've moved to 3.4.5 but it still seems slow to me.

You're talking about the postgresql query log, right?  I'll look into
that next.

I've been trying desperately to turn on DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache.  My
perl-status shows:

DBI_PROFILE = 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache
DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR = /var/log/httpd

but I get no dbi.prof.* files...anywhere on my filesystem.

Thanks for all the help.

Here's my rt.conf:

<VirtualHost xxx>
    ServerName xxx
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache
    PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE_APACHE_LOG_DIR /var/log/httpd
#   PerlOptions +GlobalRequest

    <Location /perl-status>
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status
    </Location>

    PerlModule Apache::DBI

    PerlRequire /var/www/html/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

    <Location /NoAuth/images>
        SetHandler default
    </Location>

    <Directory /var/www/html/rt3/share/html>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>