[rt-users] pages hanging

John Smith johnsmith at fluiditysoftware.com
Mon Oct 16 14:47:57 EDT 2006

> > /var/logs/apache2/*.log and all appears to be correct.
> >
> > Where should I start? What should I look at next?
> >
> > RT uses postgres to store data. How can I determine if its an apache2
> > problem
> > or a postgres problem or an RT problem? For the moment, I'm assuming its
> > not a
> > postgres problem because local access is working perfectly well.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > John
> >

> if local access is fine, then its not an rt problem either,
>
> can you post http.conf please

Below is my apache2.conf file (I believe this is httpd.conf in Ubuntu).
Note that I removed the following directives from the .conf file for
your viewing pleasure: BrowserMatch, LogFormat, AddIcon*, AddLanguage,
LanguagePriority, AddCharset, BrowserMatch, ErrorDocument

Also, I'm using RT 3.4.4, which I neglected to mention in my
original post.

Thanks much for any help,
John

ServerName localhost
ServerRoot "/etc/apache2"
LockFile /var/lock/apache2/accept.lock
PidFile /var/run/apache2.pid
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers      5
MaxSpareServers     10
MaxClients          20
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
<IfModule perchild.c>
NumServers           5
StartThreads         5
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads     10
MaxThreadsPerChild  20
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
AcceptMutex fcntl
</IfModule>
User www-data
Group www-data
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load
Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf
Include /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
Include /etc/apache2/ports.conf
Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/[^.#]*
Alias /icons/ "/usr/share/apache2/icons/"
<Directory "/usr/share/apache2/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
<IfModule mod_include.c>
    Alias /error/ "/usr/share/apache2/error/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/apache2/error">
        AllowOverride None
        Options IncludesNoExec
        AddOutputFilter Includes html
        AddHandler type-map var
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        LanguagePriority en es de fr
        ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
    </Directory>
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>
UseCanonicalName Off
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types
DefaultType text/plain
HostnameLookups Off
IndexOptions FancyIndexing VersionSort
DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif
ReadmeName README.html
HeaderName HEADER.html
IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* RCS CVS *,t
AddEncoding x-compress Z
AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja ko no pl pt pt-br ltz ca es sv tw
AddType application/x-tar .tgz
<FilesMatch "\.shtml(\..+)?$">
    SetOutputFilter INCLUDES
</FilesMatch>
Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/[^.#]*