[rt-users] 2 RT instances pointing to a single database instance

Chris Haag chaag at ironport.com
Thu Oct 19 15:42:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

Lots of great stuff on this list and the wiki about multiple instances
pointing to different database instances (rt_math, rt_english). However,
I interested to know if anyone has set up multiple instances pointing to
the same db instance?

Why?

Out support office in the UK is seeing very slow response times, we'd
like to try hosting an instance in the UK, which connects to the same
database that the instance here in California uses. Hopefully, serving
the pages locally will improve page load speed.

My biggest concern is around database locking -- does RT 3.2.1 do
database level locking or application level locking. Not worth
corrupting my database!

thanks,

Chris