[rt-users] Re: [RTusers] managing Spam

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 12:13:29 EDT 2006

Rather than complicating the setup with antispam software & filtering,
I'd highly recommend implementing greylisting, it will delay emails
coming through from unknown sources but you can use a whitelist
containing known/trusted hosts to bypass the greylisting.

I highly recommend spamd (not the spamassassin daemon) which is included
with openbsd & is available from ports for freebsd (not sure about
netbsd) or postgrey if you're running postfix

Interview with bob beck (the developer of spamd)
http://tinyurl.com/y7jj7b
Postgrey
http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

Sevan / Venture37
--
"The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth." - Mark Brandon Read