[rt-users] maximum attachments..

Aubrey King aubrey.king at globalcrossing.com
Fri Oct 27 11:48:53 EDT 2006

Hi there.  I have been using rt for a looong time and I've never had
anyone need to put in more than 2 attachments.. until today.

We have debian sarge, rt 3.2.1, mysql 4.0.23.

Here is pertinent stuff:

rt3:/opt/rt3/etc# grep packet /etc/mysql/my.cnf
max_allowed_packet      = 30M
max_allowed_packet      = 30M

rt3:/opt/rt3/etc# grep ttach /opt/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm
# added by aubrey to try getting more attachments.
Set($MaxAttachmentLength, 10);
# $MaxAttachmentSize sets the maximum size (in bytes) of attachments
stored
# Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 30000000);
# $TruncateLongAttachments: if this is set to a non-undef value,
# RT will truncate attachments longer than MaxAttachmentLength.
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
# $DropLongAttachments: if this is set to a non-undef value,
# RT will silently drop attachments longer than MaxAttachmentLength.
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);
# if TrustHTMLAttachments is not defined, we will display them
Set($TrustHTMLAttachments , undef);
# $MaxInlineBody is the maximum attachment size that we want to see
# an attachment uses if not specified.  Must be recognized by

Can someone give me an idea of how to get this thing accepting more
messages?  Am I missing something obvious?

Aubrey King
Systems Engineer
IP Systems Engineering
Global Crossing, Ltd.