[rt-users] Extracting Custom Field Information from E-mail

Nick Metrowsky nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com
Tue Oct 31 17:57:41 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

We would like to create our own version of a Self_Service Web for
Request Tracker. We would like the web form to take information accepted
by the web form and to e-mail a ticket to Request Tracker. We would like
the user to enter values for custom fields, which could be parsed by
Request Tracker to populate the custom fields, when the ticket is
created.

I think "ExtractCustomFieldValues" may do this for me. However, the lack
of documentation makes it unclear on how to do this. Does anyone have
any "live" examples of what a "ExtractCustomFieldValues" template file
should look like? Does anyone have a good web form that would accept
custom field values and mail a ticket to Request Tracker? In other
words, it makes no sense to reinvent the wheel if someone has done so
already.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Take care!

Nick

---------

Nick Metrowsky

Consulting System Administrator

303-684-4785 Office

303-684-4100 Fax

nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com <mailto:nmetrowsky at digitalglobe.com>

DigitalGlobe (r), An Imaging and Information Company

http://www.digitalglobe.com <http://www.digitalglobe.com>

---------