[rt-users] Reports: Newbie looking for some help.

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 05:51:04 EDT 2006

On 9/3/06, Brendan S (Scratch User) <gobnat at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Brendan S (Scratch User) wrote:
> > I have found the rt shell, but when I try to (eg) list/show tickets it
> asks for a password and fails. I have tried the password from
> RTSiteConfig.pm without success.  Which password is it looking for?

It's looking for your the username/password you use to log into RT rather
than the RT Database Password.

> I have tried downloading a tsv of the search results, but what I get is
> ?perl? code.  I assume this means I need to add something to the Apache
> config file somewhere (? presumably adding a perl handler directive for some
> directory? - ?rt/Search/?)

It sounds like something isn't quite right in your apache config then. Can
you use the Search Builder for example at present? If you're getting perl
code, it seems like mason isn't handling the file properly. It might be a
good idea to check your Apache access and error logs to see if there's
anything out of the ordinary being mentioned about the Results.tsv file

> I have managed to search a custom field using the advanced query builder,
> but can't seem to get it to display the field in the report (the field name
> is displayed, but the result entry is blank - I have added it from the drop
> downs at the bottom of the page - the CF naming syntax appears to
> change).  Generic question I know, but anywhere will tell me what is likely
> to be going wrong?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Can you give a more detailed
example, or perhaps paste the text from the bottom box of the Advanced tab?

It's ok, don't worry I will work it out myself.

I think I've seen a few replies to the list about some of the things I've
mentioned. Perhaps you should check back in case you missed them.

--
Regards,

Andrew Nicols