[rt-users] Apache is not starting

abhishek bhardwaj bhardwaj_abhishek at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 10:21:15 EDT 2006

Hi  All,

I have configured rt. Apache is working but it is  redirecting me  on
http://bestpractical.com/rt/rt-broken-install.html.

    I  have configured apache2 with modperl.

I follow the README file  from /usr/local/rt3/share/doc

make testdebs shows that every  thing is found

I tried web interface (Apache2) with  mod_perl

put the following lines in  /etc/apache2/apache.conf

<VirtualHost  your.ip.address>
ServerName  your.rt.server.hostname
DocumentRoot  /opt/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
PerlModule  Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Location  />
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler  RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

replacing  ip address, hostname and Document root ie  usr/local.rt3/share/html
ip:- 10.2.1.142
hostname :-  test.india.campuseai.org
document root :-  usr/local.rt3/share/html
it looks alike following

<VirtualHost  10.2.1.142 >
ServerName test.india.campuseai.org
DocumentRoot  /usr/local/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
#PerlModule  Apache::DBI
#PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Location  />
SetHandler perl-script
#  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

but  i have to comment 5,6,9th lines otherwise server is not  restarting.

I follow the insttructions and install perl -MCPAN  -e'install Apache::DBI'
but still if i uncomment these lines it  returns error.

Saying following

test:/usr/local/rt3/share/doc#  /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Forcing reload of web server:  Apache2Syntax error on line 403  of
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Invalid command  'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not  included in the server >configuration

Suggest me in  this regard.
    Thanks  for your suggestion in advance.