[rt-users] RT 3.6.1 install question

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Wed Sep 6 20:12:27 EDT 2006

This is my fourth or fifth time installing RT and I see that the
process continues to improve!  I have it just about installed thanks
to some really good Wiki instructions. I'm just about done but have a
final question or two.

RT 3.6.1 on RHEL 4.0

I was confused when it came to setting up the mysql database
stuff.  I got error messages because it didn't like the password but
it seems to have gotten over it.  /var/lib/mysql/rt3 has what looks
like everything in it but I cannot log in as root.  No matter what I
give it, I get a "username or password incorrect" message.

This is not a huge problem (I don't think) because I have 3.0.1
running on another LInux box and what I'd really like to do is just
copy over all of the accounts, tickets, settings, etc from that
environment and put them on the new box.

Someone advised me on how to do this a year or so ago and it was very
simple.  So simple, that I've forgotten what to do.  I tried a tar of
everything on the only /var/lib/mysql/rt3 onto the new machine but
then I get text instead of the GUI when I try to bring up RT.

I think if someone can just tell what to copy to the new machine to
make it just like the old RT server, I should be good to go.  TIA!