[rt-users] Changing Admin Correspondance Template

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 7 13:35:00 EDT 2006

Michael,

	We did this by creating a Custom Field called "Description" and putting
the subject line in it if the ticket came from E_mail. The Field is
mandatory so that when an owner opens it, he must put info in the field.
The subject data gives him a start. When the ticket is resolved, we
modified the template to display the CF "Description" and then display
the "Resolve" Comments on the e_mail. It works nicely and our users,
especially those who have about 1,000 a year, like it because the
description reminds them of what they were asking for in the first place.

Kenn
LBNL