[rt-users] Apache is not starting showing " Attempt to reinitialise SSL for server"

abhishek bhardwaj bhardwaj_abhishek at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 16:39:31 EDT 2006

Hi All,

            I am  following  the document which is available on  http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?DebianStableInstallGuide

  I follow each and every instuction and it seems to me working i checked database it is properly installed and working fine.

  I checked by make testdeps before make install and it tells me every thing is found.

  then i follow further insrtuctions and did not get any error .

  but when i am accessing this server then unable to access.

  following are the chenges i made in the httpd conf and Siteconfig.pm file.

          I  edit the  /usr/local/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm:  file and make following entries

          Set($rtname,  'rt.eai.india.campuseai.org');
        Set($Organization  , "eai.india.campuseai.org");
        Set($MinimumPasswordLength  , "8");
        Set($Timezone  , 'Europe/Foo');
        Set($DatabaseType  , 'mysql');
        Set($DatabasePassword  , 'rt_pass');
        Set($MaxAttachmentSize  , 50000000);
        Set($CorrespondAddress  , 'RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet');
        Set($CommentAddress  , 'RT_CommentAddressNotSet');
        Set($WebBaseURL  , 'https://rt.eai.india.campuseai.org');
        Set($WebPath  , '/rt');
        #Set($WebDefaultStylesheet,  '3.4-compat');
        Set($WebDefaultStylesheet,  '3.5-default');
        1;

          where
        eai  is the host name of the server where i m configuring RT and   eai.india.campuseai.org is the fqdn of this server.

          And  following entries i made in the /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf:

  <VirtualHost  10.2.1.136 >

        ServerName    eai.india.campuseai.org
        Alias  /rt "/usr/local/rt3/share/html"
        PerlModule  Apache::DBI
        PerlRequire  /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
        <Directory  /usr/local/rt3/share/html>
         AllowOverride  All
         Options  ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
        </Directory>

        <Location  /rt>
          RewriteEngine  On
           AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
          SetHandler  perl-script
          PerlHandler  RT::Mason
        </Location>
        </VirtualHost>

        When  i restart the httpd server it is saying as follows

        eai:~#  apache-sslctl restart
        /usr/sbin/apache-sslctl  restart: httpsd not running, trying to start
        Reading  key for server localhost:443
        /usr/sbin/apache-sslctl  restart: httpsd could not be started

                I  checked the logs but not get any reasion for not starting httpd logs  are following

  eai:/var/log/apache-ssl#  tail error.log
        [Wed  Sep  6 22:16:32 2006] [crit]  Attempt to reinitialise SSL for server eai.india.campuseai.org
        [Wed  Sep  6 22:17:18 2006] [crit] Attempt  to reinitialise SSL for server eai.india.campuseai.org
        [Wed  Sep  6 22:26:21 2006] [crit] Attempt  to reinitialise SSL for server eai.india.campuseai.org
        [Wed  Sep  6 22:26:41 2006] [crit] Attempt  to reinitialise SSL for server eai.india.campuseai.org
        [Wed  Sep  6 22:26:47 2006] [crit]  Attempt to reinitialise SSL for server eai.india.campuseai.org

Any one can advice me in this regard.

  Thanks  for your suggestion in advance

          Regards
        Abhishek