[rt-users] RT 3.6.1 install question

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 18:59:51 EDT 2006

On 9/7/06, Frank Saxton <frankie at easyrider.com> wrote:

> ******** This is similar to the error I got when doing make
> database-initialize ***********
>
> [root at patrol etc]# mysqladmin drop rt3
> mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
> [root at patrol etc]#
>
> ******** This failed too... files are still in /var/lib/mysql/rt3
> **************

This isn't an RT error as such. The error being reported here is saying that
the mysql database user root has the incorrect password, therefore the
initialize-database script is unable to log into your MySQL database and
create the database structure and initial inserts.
Check your root password for MySQL. Can you log into MySQL?
If you can log into MySQL with the mysql root user, but need to specify a
password to do so, then you need to put this into your RT_SiteConfig.pm and
then re-run the make initialize-database.
I seem to recall you also need to create the initial rt table for MySQL RT
databases, but as I'm not using MySQL I can't confirm.

--
Regards,

Andrew Nicols