[rt-users] RT 3.6.1 install question

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Fri Sep 8 13:06:05 EDT 2006

Correct.  If I had given the mysqladmin root password when asked for
a password after invoking make initialize-database, I would have been
fine.  Hitting return, as the prompt advised me to do) hose me
good.  There is no recovery from that point except to manually blow
away the ./mysql/rt3 subdirectory per the procedure I described earlier.

This "RT root" business is very confusing.  By default, RT wants to
run from the root URL http://localhost.  I guess that's fine if the
only thing apache does on the server is server up RT
connections.  But the way it's set up now, fastcgi screws up all of
the other web stuff on the server.  Apparently, some change was made
in RT 3.5 or 3.6 that makes simple aliasing NOT a viable option.  I
attached a copy of the pertinent httpd.conf entries
yesterday.  Basically, what I want to do is run RT from
http://localhost/rt not http://localhost

It looks like RT_SiteConfig: Set($WebPath , "/rt");
would do that but apparently I need to do something to get the chance
to take.  If I have to rebuild everything just to make this small
change, I am going to be very upset.

If I change ScriptAlias in httpd.conf to point to "/rt" instead of
"/" it breaks RT (but fixes all of the other web sites on the server)

I guess what I'm asking is what do I need to do to alias RT from /
where it is now to /rt where I want it and get everything to work?

If anyone wants to view the problem, on a plain vanilla RT 3.6.1
server, try to view http://localhost/server-status and you'll see what I mean.

TIA!