[rt-users] Importing data from a legacy system

Johan Schoen johan.schon at capgemini.com
Tue Sep 12 07:14:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

Where can I find information about how to import ticket data, including
history, from a legacy system into RT? Using Google, I have found no useful
information. I also can not find any information about migration in the RT
Essentials book - are there any?

Reading the RT 3.6.0 source code and module documentation I found the
RT::Ticket::Import method in Ticket_Overlay.pm which I guess can be used to
import the current ticket data. However, I  have been unable to understand
how to import ticket history. The Create method in Transaction_Overlay.pm
looks like it could be used for migrating ticket history, but according the
documentation in Transaction_Overlay.pm, RT::Transaction::Create must not be
called directly - only by RT::Ticket. I have not found any useful method for
import ticket history in Ticket.pm or Ticket_Overlay.pm. Have I missed
something? How should I import ticket history into the Transaction table
without risking me kneecaps?

Best regards,
Johan Schön, Capgemini