[rt-users] RT Installed now can't display in browser

Mark rt at mainstreetpackaging.com
Tue Sep 12 14:55:02 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I am a first time Linux/Ubuntu user. I have used RT at another company
and I want to use it at my new company. I installed Ubuntu 6.06 Server.
I then followed the install guide here :
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UbuntuInstallGuide
and managed to successfully get through all of the steps upto the SSL
Mode section. At this point it says I can go to http://yourdomain.com/rt
I then installed ubuntu-desktop to try it out.

I want to use RT on an internal network only (and still receive emails).
I went to Firefox and loaded http://localhost/rt but unfortunately it
just says Page Can Not Be Displayed. If I go to http://localhost then I
get Parent Directory and Apache2-default/ listings.

I have a feeling that the problem might lie in my settings
in /etc/request-tracker3.4/RT_Site_Config.pm but I'm not really too
sure. I can paste the entire config file here if needed.

Apart from that I pretty much followed the guide exactly.

I'm really not sure where to go from here. If you need the contents of
any files just let me know and I can copy them here. I'm not an
experienced user so please bear with me.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Mark