[rt-users] ATOM API summary document?

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:59:29 EDT 2006

Is there a document which details the ATOM API? I can look through the
components, but that is tedious to say the least. I'm trying to
improve a custom app which uses the ATOM API, but not knowing the full
API there is no way to know if a better way exists. :-)

For instance: once method gets all the custom fields for a ticket. It
returns a hash of CF.Name => Value. But to get through this it does
the following steps:

1) Get number of custom fields
2) Loop from 0..$count to get the value for each CF in the Ticket
3) Get Queue ID from Ticket
4) Loop through CF IDs in #2 to get CF Name
5) return hashref

This seems like a lot of extra work if there happens to be a simpler
way. If not, could this be a feature request? :-)

Thanks,
Drew