[rt-users] changing custom field value globally

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Fri Sep 15 11:22:39 EDT 2006

> We have a custom field that lists client profile names.  One customer
> has recently changed it's name from...let's say "Jack" to "Jill".  As
> a result, we need to alter the tickets previously marked as "Jack" to
> "Jill".  Is there a way to do this easily or will I need to run an
> update on the database?

Isn't there a Wiki contribution for Bulk Custom Field editing?  At
least, there was.  I don't seem to see it now, but I used that as the
basis for doing my own take on it.  I think I was going to post a
contribution for it, but the WikiGods didn't consider it worthy.  Well,
not really, it was that since I apparently don't have the privileges, I
can only post up to a certain amount of content, and the code I was
contributing was greater than that limit.

Eric Schultz
United Online