[rt-users] RT MAil address option?

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 18 15:01:13 EDT 2006

To all,

	I have a user that sent an E_mail to another user and referred to an RT
Ticket and address. The ticket he entered existed (resolved, in fact) in
a different Queue than the address he entered with the ticket.
Consequently, the correspondence was received by the user, but RT placed
said correspondence with the ticket he typed, not the Queue. I figured
that was reasonable, since all attachments hang onto the ticket object
by design. The user said that RT should have caught the error and
refused to update the ticket due to the fact the ticket wasn't in the
address he entered. My question is this, is there someway to configure
RT to reject the correspondence update due to the fact that the ticket
number entered was NOT in the RT address also entered? If anyone has
done this, please send me some instructions on how. Is this an option I
missed in RT Essentials? Does anyone think it is a good candidate as a
correspondence update option? Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL