[rt-users] RT selectively not sending email

Isaac Vetter ivetter at math.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 19 01:03:05 EDT 2006

Duncan McEwan wrote:
> As to the original posters problem:
>
>> There are some users that RT won't send email to, upon 'Reply'ing to a
>> ticket, these users, both as Requestors and as AdminCC's, are not listed
>> in the "This message will be sent to" box.
>>
>> On a clean install (rt3.4.5, perl5.8.8, postgresql7.4, apache1.3,
>> solaris10) there are four autocreated users. Each user is a global
>> SuperUser, each user is a watcher in the default General queue. The same
>> two users are consistently not sent email. The other two users are
>> always sent email, both as Requestors and as AdminCC's.
>>

> One thing that has bitten me in the past -- do those users have an email
> address recorded for them?  At least our version of RT (3.4.5) will not
> send an email if there is no email address (I had assumed that it would
> just use their username instead, which in our case is always the same,
> but apparently not).

Duncan,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, yes, all the users were
"autocreated upon ticket  submission" via email, so they all have email
addresses within their profiles.

I'm going to fight my fear and confusion and delve into the RT code
sometime this week, hopefully I can figure out what's going on.

Isaac