[rt-users] Moving RT off of the root URL

Kristian Rønningen krmm at nordkapp.net
Thu Sep 21 05:49:10 EDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:07:00 -0700, you wrote:

>Apparently, there has been a change since RT 3.4 that makes it more
>difficult to move RT from http://host.com/ to something like http://host.com/rt
>I presume someone has already solved this problem.  I would be
>grateful if someone could point me to the detailed information on
>what I need to do to make this change.

Hi,

I'm running 3.6.1 on debian from a subdirectory /rt3/ on my domain,
and from what I can tell from my config-files, this is all the
path-related settings there is:

RT_SiteConfig.pm:
Set($WebPath , "/rt3");
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");

httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
.
.
.
Alias /rt3 /usr/local/rt3/share/html
        <Location /rt3>
                AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
                PerlModule Apache::DBI
                PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler RT::Mason
                Options +ExecCGI
        </Location>
.
.
</VirtualHost>

Make sure you stop and start apache each time you change something,
just in case something isn't reloading.

- Kristian