[rt-users] Newbie here, not able to login

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Sep 23 07:58:57 EDT 2006

On 9/23/06, bijayant kumar <bijayant4u at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>      Thanks for replying me. Yes, you are right, i didnot initialize the
> database. But when i populate the database manually, and then login it gives
> me the same error. After checking, i found a file named initialdata. but
> when i tried to use this it gives me an error, or i donot know how should i
> use this file to populate the database. If you dont mind can you tell me how
> to do this. I am using gentoo-linux. I am really screwed up. Thanks in
> advance.

Hi again Bijayant,

If you installed RT using the gentoo package, read the instructions under
"Database Setup" at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?GentooInstallGuide

Otherwise, assuming you compiled from source, cd to the directory you
comiled from and run:
% make initialize database

You should be able to find some suitably close advice on the wiki at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?InstallationGuides

--
Regards,

Andrew Nicols