[rt-users] Newbie here, not able to login

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Sep 23 12:45:34 EDT 2006

I beg to differ. The following is taken straight from the page I linked for
you. It basicallysays to setup mysql, restart the server, then run the
rt-setup-database tool with the paramaters provided.

Please read it again!

Andrew

---

RT provides a script called *rt-setup-database* which creates the initial
database for you. Please note that *rt-setup-database* does NOT create a
database *user* for you. If you have not already created a database user for
RT, please consult the appropriate documentation, such as
ConfigureMysqlOnGentoo<http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ConfigureMysqlOnGentoo>.

   - For MySQL:

 Note: If you did not previously have mysql installed, you will need to
ConfigureMysqlOnGentoo<http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ConfigureMysqlOnGentoo>.

Verify that the skip-innodb is commented out in /etc/mysql/my.cnf. If it is
not, then put an octothorpe in front of it:

.
.
[mysqld]
#skip-innodb
user           = mysql
.
.

 and restart the mysql server:

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

 Then set up the database:

/var/www/myrt/rt-3.6.0/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password

On 9/23/06, bijayant kumar <bijayant4u at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>       Thanks for your support. But, i am really sorry to say that there is
> nothing given about the database setup in gentoo guide. When i have
> installed RT than it says that database setup will be done automatically,
> but it didnt happened. Now i will try to install RT from the source.
> Meanwhile if you want to give me any other idea regarding this, than i will
> be very thankful to you for thr same
>
> *Andrew Nicols <a.nicols at lancaster.ac.uk>* wrote:
>
> On 9/23/06, bijayant kumar <bijayant4u at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >      Thanks for replying me. Yes, you are right, i didnot initialize the
> > database. But when i populate the database manually, and then login it gives
> > me the same error. After checking, i found a file named initialdata. but
> > when i tried to use this it gives me an error, or i donot know how should i
> > use this file to populate the database. If you dont mind can you tell me how
> > to do this. I am using gentoo-linux. I am really screwed up. Thanks in
> > advance.
>

> Hi again Bijayant,
>
> If you installed RT using the gentoo package, read the instructions under
> "Database Setup" at
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?GentooInstallGuide
>
> Otherwise, assuming you compiled from source, cd to the directory you
> comiled from and run:
> % make initialize database
>
> You should be able to find some suitably close advice on the wiki at
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?InstallationGuides
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Nicols