[rt-users] Genearal question about RT

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Sat Sep 30 21:31:08 EDT 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:02:28 -0500
matt <stirfrey at gmail.com> spake:
> I've been looking at RT to replace the current call tracking software
> that we use where I work. I've combed through past posts to this list,
> website articles, and the wiki but I am still unsure about something.
> How well does RT work in an environment where 97% of the issues are
> taken by phone? RT seems very email centric, and seems like using it for
> phone support might be a bit awkward. Any suggestions for this type of
> environment?

The difference is not as much as you would think... Pretty you are
looking at how easy it is to start a new ticket.  After that updates
via email to the customer are easy if you want them.

I would say it would do fine... you could always take an old box and
set it up and let your support team play with it.