[rt-users] [ANNOUNCE] A new faster shredder machine available

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:16:50 EDT 2007

Designer of the tool (me :) is really sorry and want to apologize.  He
made a really stupid mistake, so shredder was deleting your e-docs,
but also was scanning all ticket records in your DB. So shredder 0.05
is very slow and you really want to upgrade.  ..

I want said thanks to Philip and Konstantin for keep bugging me and
providing really-really valuable debug information. They did all
required legwork and provided mysql's slow logs, results from
Devel::DProf. So I had statistics from production servers to *add
info* about indexes to shredder's docs, use `perldoc
lib/RTx/Shredder.pm` to get to them.

Download the new release from the closest CPAN mirror soon...

Change log:
    * fix: in the previouse version a regression was introduced
           that caused terrible slowdown during tickets deletion.
    * doc: added section about database indexes

--
Best regards, Ruslan.