[rt-users] auto-create new user account upon first ticket submission

Ken O'Driscoll rt-lists at ieinternet.com
Wed Apr 4 07:36:09 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 23:58 -0700, Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am running rt-3.6.3 on a FreeBSD 6.2 machine.
>
> I missed this in the documentation nor could I figure out the proper
> configuration in the
>
> Every time I send an email from an email that is not associated with a
> particular user to the queue email address I get an email response with
>   "Ticket creation failed" appearing in the Subject line.
>
> Please let me know how I can auto-create a new user account based on the
> email with the first ticket submission.  So an unknown user is instantly
>    added to the rt3 system?

Hi Noah,

You just have to give the Everyone group CreateTicket privs for each
queue you want to auto-create requestors.

 - Ken.

--
This email has passed through an IE Internet MailWall gateway
and has been screened for known viruses, potential viruses and

IE Internet.com MailWall (http://ieinternet.com/mailwall/)